2002 Rev 3

lewis_gasgas

I would go for it, they are really relaible bikes, and they are really nice to ride. It will almost definately be more reliable than your Gasser.

Feetup also have a pretty good stock of spares for Beta's, but don't take Alans advice, it has misled me mny a time, he is a good bloke though.

If you don't like it you would probably get

I still have my 2002 Rev-3 - fantastic bike. I had a '99 TXT before it and the Beta's sooo much easier to ride in comparison. The suspension in particular is leagues ahead of the Gasser and absolutely nothing has gone wrong since I bought it.

Some Betas do suffer from leaky carbs but it's easily fixed and more of a minor annoyance than a show-stopper. There are very detailed instructions on what needs to be done in this very forum if you do a search.

I think the 2002 browny-red plastics are horrid and put a set of 2004 plastics on straight after I bought it. Just personal preference of course, but it gives you the added advantage of being able to get at the air filter without removing the rear mudguard.

Have a ride on mine the next time you're up at the camp if you like (next evening trial maybe?) I'll be up tomorrow afternoon (Sat 14th) as well...

watch out for the electrics on them they have a habit of packing ive heard, you cant beat a sherco in my opinion reliable look good and great to ride. but betas are well built :rolleyes:

Why does the Beta forum seem to attract Sherco apologists? Some kind of inferiority complex maybe?

Edited by neonsurge

I ll have a ride on it next week think im going up to see hopefully .........I might be up tomo afternoon neon but not sure yet if i can get up (depends on friend)........If not ill see you at the net wednesday night mate ill say hello next time if i see you.

I D have to sell my gasser of course If anyones interested...?