Hello

fikethebike

Hello there ,my name is mike and i am from north Scotland.

This is my second attempt at trials bikes, my first being a suzuki beamish rl 325 a number of years ago but never did much with it as i am more road bike orientated .

I have recently bought myself a 2008 Beta rev-3 250 and i am having a fair bit of fun with it as one of my mates just bought a 2009 gas gas pro 300,so we are both finding the joys of trials bikes ,best fun i have had on two wheels in years,but boy is it hard work, aches and pains all over at first but getting there slowly ,Mike

Hi mike,

It's great news that you've entered the world of trials again!

How are you and your friend finding the bikes ? As a beginner my dad found that it helluva lot easier to ride

The bike in the wet if you retard the timing. He rides a sherco 290 and it was a savage beast before we did that. By retarding the timing it makes it softer and more forgiving therefore easier to ride:)

Ben

Hi Ben ,the Beta is a lot easier to ride than the Gas Gas which has had something done to it ,might be the timing or something not too sure as it was done before he bought it.

The bikes in general are good fun but after so many years on sports bikes it is a bit of a culture shock,didn't know it was so hard to go slow, balance is not the best as yet but getting there , Mike.