B25 Clutch

old bones

I wonder if someone could tell me how to get the little clutch operating pinion off the clutch lever, I know its threaded onto it and I've had a go at trying to get it off but it wont shift. Is there a trick to it or maybe its a left hand thread?

The clutch lever is the one that sits behind the kickstart sort of vertical in the right hand case (timing side) its a very sloppy fit as there seems to be no bushing in the worn alloy case , any suggestions on how to correct the sloppy fit?

any advice greatfully accepted.

b40rt,

I've also looked in Rupert ratio's book and a BSA workshop manual but it is not mentioned at all , I've tried it both ways LH & RH but it wont budge and I dont want to go at it too hard just incase i damage something . Its quite difficult to hold the bits and try and undo thats why Im looking for advice on how to do it.

The lever is through the alloy case and the case is badly worn ,Im sure this must be a common problem and again was wondering how others have corrected it.

Thanks for your reply ,will wait and see if anyone else can help.

Regards