Frodsham Trials

coops

Just wanted to say what a top club it is, with a superb friendly gang of people as well as some great trials and venues!!... If anyone is looking for somewhere to ride / join then this is a great place to start.

But more importantly thanks to all who tried to help me get my Gasser going yesterday, when it died before the start, and especially to Graham (with his busted foot and all that metal) who spent an hour on one leg fixing it before finally getting it running!! Even managed to rush round and get finished on time (even if it meant a few more marks than I'd have hoped for).

Not many sports or parts of life where you get so many top people in one place and all keen and happy to help!!

Cheers all, see you next trial.

Neil

Edited by coops
  • Like 1

That's good news Neil. I wanted to go to the event yesterday to watch but forgot all about it until last night. Hoping to do a few trials with them myself this year, just need to get more time on the bike first. Did you get any pics of the day?

No pics I'm afraid busy fixing and riding, shame you didn't make it as the weather was good and the venue is great for both riding and watching, although it was a bit muddy in places for speccies.

Oh and you don't need more time on the bike (assuming that's practice rather than fixing)... just get it down to the next one and give it a go and that'll be it, I'm riding the beginners routes as I've only been back riding for less than a year now and they're fine for anyone.

I'm sure I'll be there so feel free to give me a shout if you fancy it.

I went to have a look and joined the club. I had a brief walk around and watched a few sections. Everyone was very friendly and I got chatting to a few of the riders. Some nice twinshocks there mixing it up with the modern bikes which was good to see.

Can't wait to get my TY175 going!

Tog, when do you think you'll have your TY up and running? It's always great to see the old twinshocks. I rode a TY back in the late 70's / early 80's as a youth!! Great bike and great memories ... think I even did my last trial at Alvanley back then, so it was like going full circle on Sunday (but many more creaking bones and dropped points this time round)!

Look forward to seeing your TY fairly soon hopefully!

Well.........

I'm waiting to get the wheels back from the wheelbuilders.

I'm probably going to need some shocks as I doubt the original one's that are on it will be much cop now!

So the TY should be ready in a month, but I could do with getting a bit of practice somewhere before the next trial, as like you it was the late 70's when I last rode a Trials bike.

Had a good chat with a guy riding a TY175 last Sunday. I think he was called Dan from Runcorn. Anyone got contact info for him as he had made a set of footrest mounts that I could do with copying?

Edited by tog

• 2 weeks later...

Checking the Frodsham Trials website results page, it was Danny.

I was interested in the mods Danny had made to his TY175 footpeg hangers and would like to have got a template from them if possible. I have tried sending you a PM but can't either because I'm a new member or maybe your mailbox is full.

Thanks

Gary