Beta Evo 09

willid7864

hi what sprockets sizes are everyone runing on a 2009 250 evo,

what is standard.

im running 11 tooth front and 41tooth rear.bike does feel i like under geared on big climes,what is everyone else running

how do i rise the back shock up,as when i stand on bike theres not much clearence between the wheel and mudguard

thanks

Edited by willid7864

http://www.splatshop.co.uk/sachs-rear-shock-springs-Gas Gas-pro-beta-evo.html

This takes 15 mins to fit and any dope like me can do it.

Also,

http://www.splatshop.co.uk/paioli-front-fork-spring-0-9kg-mm.html

£100 problem solved fatty.... :) hahahah.

I've just done these mods as the 09 evo standard suspension set up us crap. Built for whippets weighing in at 10-12 stone........ Not a fine figure of a man and a half like me weighing in at 17.5 stone!

How much do you weigh ? They do 10% or 20% stronger springs.......

• 2 weeks later...

If your bike has the extra flywheel weight added to the ignition flywheel remove it and see if you have enough torque after its removal. I have a 01 rev 3 with 02 air box updates and I ride it at very high altitude. After a fresh top end rebuild it would not pull second gear up a gentle slope. I believe it has 11/42 chain wheels. To ride this bike at high altitude I had to remove .020 from the head, run the thinnest base gasket that beta recommends, add a v-vorce reed, the next hotter spark plug and remove the clutch side flywheel to get it to run strong enough for riding at 7'k-9'k. I have done the beta clutch mod and the clutch works very well but with the clutch side flywheel removed the low RPM power pulses come through while I am slipping the clutch while creeping through a section. I have considered reinstalling it. I also like how smooth and controllable the engine is while I am attempting a floater with the clutch side FWW installed.

Edited by liviob