Front Break Bleeding Problem!

sy250r

Hi people. I have a 09 250r . My front break went spongey during a ride out a cuple of weeks ago. I bought a bleed kit off ebay with a one way valve and set to getting a decent front brake back as it was really annoying me!! Any way i droped fluid out of front brake to replace with fresh. Dot 4. Hope this is the right gear im using??. opend bleed nipple filled resy and started to bleed watched untill all air escaped niped up bleed nipple but no break. Im gettin propa annoyed with it now. Im gunna replace seel in master cylinder tmra morning and hope this helps cos seembed to be fluid escapeing from it whilst pumping . Its like theres no "umph" in master cyl. Any help would be really appiechiated as i feel like blowing the thing up.. Cud it be something else like jamed up pistons in caliper. Please help. Cheers

Hi I have just done my Beta front brake AJP with 4 pot calliper They are a pain to do I had changed all pistons and seals Push all the pistons all the way in On the lever there is two adjusters One on the body this moves the lever out from the bar moveout as far as posible The other has an allan grub screw Adjust till just free play. use a long clear tube on the bleed nipple fill system open bleeder If you have a big syringe to push the fluid back and forth chasing all the air out I use a gunson pressure bleeder which puts the fluid into a bottle and an air for a tyre to blow it back The calliper is better removed so the fluid exit is at the top so no air can be trapped Just be patient it can be a pain in *****

Edited by naichuff

Thanks for your help mate. I have sprayed caliper with gt85 blew pistons out wth air pressue because they needed freeing of as the caliper was sat a while in my brothers workshop. And then bled it again. Im sure the master cyilinder is knackerd because im certain that fluids leaking out from it. And also it seems v week as if it hardly pressuring. I also took grub adjuster out of leaver and used a srew driver to pump it so i got a better pump out of it still nothing. Day 3 on it tmra. Had a bit of a break yesturday but nout realy spetacular so had another go at it and back to square one. Hope seel kit sorts it cos sure caliper is fine fingers crossed

Wen i say had a break yesturday i mean a break that stops u haha. Not a break from the bleeding .cheers davie.

Wen i say had a break yesturday i mean a break that stops u haha. Not a break from the bleeding .cheers davie.

You mean brake then!

TLTEL

Replaced seal in m/c after 2hrs of ******* about sudenly had a toch of brake. So downd tools and left it alone because of past experiance.... brake got half decent on its own from just leaving it. Only thing is i dont think i have any play on leaver and the more i back it off the worse the brake gets but dont want to mess on with it to much. Any suggestions.