Honda Rtl250Sf Date Certificate

enrico

Hi, I am now the proud owner of a very tidy and little used Honda RTL250SF which I would like to register.

I have the original invoice from Paul Smart Motorcycles in Maidstone when it was purchased new in 1986, however I don't think that this will suffice as proof of age with the DVLC?

I have contacted Honda and sent a copy of this original invoice to them (along with my payment) but they were unable to help - without saying why.

Does anyone know of any other organisation or recognised individual that might be able to help in this regard?

Also, if anyone knows where I can purchase a manual (I know - as rare as rocking horse ****) - or even a copy?

Mine has black side cases on the engine and I wondered when the gold ones were introduced?

Thanks in advance and sorry for so many questions,

Eric

hi you will need to contact the honda owners club who are very helpful, send a photo of the complete machine from the side and rear,a good photo of the frame and engine number.photocopies of any paperwork relating to bike.the dvla form v765 for registration.which has a section for the club to fill in and verify the year of manufacture.you will need a test certificate and dvla form v/55/ and a valid insurance certificate. I registered mine a few months ago, there are a few hoops to jump through but you will get there in the end. Hope this helps

I once bought an old honda enduro, that had never been registered, and I wanted to put it on the road.

So I had to get proof of age, I wrote to Honda uk with all the details, and they sent me proof letter for the age, I think I had to pay about £25 if I remember correctly, (it was more than 15 years ago)

I can't remember their address now, sorry, but if you do a search you will find it.

With this I applied for a registration from DVLA, and had no problems.

Hope that helps

Shaun