Bike Comparison - 315R Vs Sherco 2.5

rockgardener

Finally got out on a practice course for the first time on my new-to-me 2001 315R and really loved it! Problem is, my 17-year-old loved it at least as much as I did - I almost had to wrestle it away from him each time I wanted a turn. So, now I'm looking for a second trials bike so we can ride together and not have to take turns. The only bike currently available nearby is a 2001 Sherco 2.5 (looks to be in good shape). Can anyone tell me how that machine would compare to my 315R?

Thanks for your insights.

Finally got out on a practice course for the first time on my new-to-me 2001 315R and really loved it! Problem is, my 17-year-old loved it at least as much as I did - I almost had to wrestle it away from him each time I wanted a turn. So, now I'm looking for a second trials bike so we can ride together and not have to take turns. The only bike currently available nearby is a 2001 Sherco 2.5 (looks to be in good shape). Can anyone tell me how that machine would compare to my 315R?

Thanks for your insights.

The 315 is a great novice bike, if a bit heavy, and sluggish compared to some.

There were few 250 Shercos brought into the country of that year, as most are 290's and are a bit more brisk!

I have ridden a 2000 model 250 and it was a docile bike, seems at some point in the timerange they perked them up a bit and even a 250 was quite snappy even compared with a 290. Not sure about the "01 model.

I would think it is worth a look if in good shape, go ride it and see what you think for yourself. It may need a few bits, but they are not a bad bike. Very rideable a decade plus later!

Edited by copemech