Training

jon0881

My 2 kids have had plenty from Bumpy over the years, and they've both done well out of it. They don't come much better than Dan Thorpe. He used to do training days during the school holidays. not sure if he still does. Julian Ford and Chris Waters both know what they're doing too along with the young volunteers, who will follow the less confident riders around the course. Bumpy has been a great place for us over the last few years and continues to be. All the staff there are terrific, and the facilities are great.

Not been to Cowm yet, but hopefully this year we will.

Bumpy is the Birstall Urban Motorcycle Project for Youth (geddit?) and is based south of Leeds, just off J27 M62. They do On-Road training and have a 9 acre trials park with various terrain to suit all abilities. They have excellent facilities, a small shop, loos, changing room, jet wash etc. and can provide tuition bike hire and trials training. Well worth a visit.

It was set up as a charity by the police in 1989 to provide somewhere legal for youngsters to ride and has developed into an excellent facility.

http://www.bumpy.org.uk

Hi Jon, I had some training up at Bumpy 18 months ago just as I was starting out again... it was with one of the young lads there (sorry can't remember his name but he was riding nationals at the time and a good coach) - training was excellent and 1-1 for a couple of hours. Think they still do some group sessions as well and as GarryM says, Dan is a brilliant coach if you get him running one of the courses. I'd throughtly recommend it if you want some training.

Nelly, Bumpy is worth a visit if you fancy a trip out for the day (will take an hour for you though) just seen that Garry M has explained what it is.. for me.. terrain is varied and suits all levels and the place is friendly and easy to get to off the M62 and open long hours especially in the summer. I like it a lot and still retain a membership and travel over occassionally for practice and make a day of it. Oh and if the missus complains I stick her in the car and send her off to Ikea and the likes which are just round the corner !!

Btw - Did you ride Mouldsworth on Sunday, how was it? I missed it having had a knee op 3 weeks ago but should be back for the next trial !