Tl250 Shock Length

hendrik

think the original rears were a bit short....stick some 400mm ones on.

I mounted a pair Showas from my TLR 200 ( 39cm ) yesterday, looks better, but very close to the exhaust, will test it when snow is gone, neverending winter here..... :-(

img0261kp.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nice purchase... the finish on the engine cases, fins and the wheel rims make it look like new. I'm jealous and would love to know the secret.

I see the bike has decent pegs and a lightened brake pedal, and a flat sprocket conversion too. It took me moment or two to identify what was so different - and then I realised its the black frame.

I hope you get some great rides on it.

The TL is the former bike from Bruce Watts, imported in 2007 ?? from south africa and sold in germany 2009 and was rebuild from the first german owner, I don't know why he used black for the frame.... he sold the bike last year and I found it some weeks ago on ebay classifieds, I got the bike for the price of an good running TLR, so I must have it, I really love the big iron....

1008089w.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by hendrik

....so I must have it, I really love the big iron....

I know what you mean, this engine should be measured by its girth! It is big, solid, and and the platform for all those XLs and XRs that have long since disappeared. I measured my shocks today and they are 390mm but look standard. And with the extra height of the swing arm (see TL250 Rehab thread for that story) the bike now has the same ground clearance of a 2012 Beta.

IMG_3616.jpg

Edited by ross brown