2006 Rev 3 Front Brake

s90gav

Was on my bike yesterday, and when I got home and unloaded it from the trailer I went to press the brake and the lever just went to the bars, on closer inspection some parts seem to be missing between the lever and the master cylinder, if I was to get this kit in the link is that all I need? Also here's some pics to show what I mean

http://www.bvm-parts.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=123_29_116&product_id=151

5983E5D2-EB2A-4100-9903-0775011B0790-1990-000002288597CD73_zpsf69808e9.jpg

1146081F-7989-4E4E-ACD1-79815FDB00DE-1990-000002288D9F1818_zps5f3f73a3.jpg

Thanks

Gavin

• 2 weeks later...

This is kinda funny to me.

Sorry for being a newb but, I’ve never seen a setup for the clutch/ front brake masters like the one that’s on my new-to-me Beta rev 270.

I thought I was missing some kind of rubber sleeve that would go over the whole spring / pin area, guess not.

Should I be able to remove the spring and pin if I push the lever forward, away from the bars? Or should/ can it be adjusted so it’s imposable for it to come out at all?

You should be able to use the lever span adjuster to lessen the lever swing. This will stop the pin dropping out.

Make sure you have a couple of mm play in the master cylinder plunger though.

Make sure they are locked tight and check often.