Hi, & What Is Tatty 97 Cota 315 Worth? (St Albans. Uk)

markspitzer

Hi everybody

I 'bought' a 2000 Montesa Cota 315 on Ebay but when I went to collect it it was a 97 so I said no thanks.

It is cosmetically tatty, the exhaust has dents front & back, the grips have chunks missing, the kill switch is held on with a cable tie...you get the idea.

However I think it is little used and in good mechanical condition...started easily, idled easily, revved freely, gears ok up & down , lots of brake pads, brakes worked ok, chain looked clean, tyres had life, rims unknocked, front & back wheels had no play in any direction etc etc

I need a bike to be reliable above all else. Realistically I'm going to use it less than 10 times a year...it needs to start easily, work, & only need regular maintenance. i also need it to maintain it's resale value so if I want to move it on sooner rather than later I haven't lost a great deal

I should have paid £770 for it but I feel I wouldn't be able to describe it accurately & get £770 again

What's it worth? I'll get back in touch with the seller with your collective wisdom- I don't want to be a bad boy on Ebay, but I'd like to have opinions as to what a fair price is

Many thanks, Mark

I would of said it was a 98/99 with the black front pipe and plastics the colour they are. You need the VIN number to tell the actual year. But it is a trials bike, and it will have cosmetic imperfections. I would say your not far off the right money as it was.

I may be wrong but that's just my opinion and I wouldn't say it was that Tatty to be fair.

Edited by westfield
  • Like 1

Doesn't sound bad to me,you might be able to get it for less,try you have nothing to lose,£770 ok anyway.Won't cost much to sort it,seems all the costly stuff is ok 'you could pay more and get a worse one

Thanks very much everyone for your thoughts. That's a resounding consensus-oops, I've dissed the guy's bike. I'll try to get in touch with him but I've already emailed him in Ebay with no reply, he's probably offered it to the runner up already. I did check the VIN, the very useful thread on here gives the numbers & what year it is and it was a 97.

Reckon that's it...this thread is closed

Many thanks all, Mark