Txt Pro Oil Quantity?

dusty_viper

Hey Guys, I'm due to do an oil change on my bike (I don't like the non progressiveness of the ATF) anyway, I wondered how much oil I should be putting in? GasGas said one thing, where as the manual says something else?! (Although according to the manual you check the oil level by a dipstick! Might be a few typos in there! lol) Thanks in advance.

My manual for the 2005 txt pro says 'engine oil capacity 550cc. (10w 40)' a previous owner has lined through the 550cc and written '400' and had used atf. I use putoline light gear oil and slowly slowly slowly top up until the level is halfway on the sightglass - when warm, the level shows full or thereabouts. Castrol tech said to use the power 1 4t oil at 10w 30. I use the power 1 2t oil and the power 1 10w 50 for my enduro and road bike and can't fault it, so next oil change on the gasser will be with the power 1 10w 30.

Edited by shipdamite

That's right the manual is wrong!

You would need to use a strange looking Dipstick :hyper:

I usually find 350ml then top up till the window is 1/2 - 3/4 full. No more than 400ml :thumbup: Oil type is your choice but don't use full synthetic.

Yer, I thought that it must have been wrong saying something like 550 if it mention about a dipstick. GasGas UK did say 400 when I rung them, I just didn't know which was right but thanks a lot for clearing everything up! I've always used the Putoline light gearbox oil before which I got on with well. I'm not a huge fan of the ATF stuff.