The Doctor

gizza5

Rossi had to try and get with the front three in the first two or three (at most) laps, he knows that there is a rhythm and pace that is necessary to go as quick as the front few riders, once you get stuck behind slower riders it is extremely difficult to up your pace once you get past, so to me not a mistake to stick his neck out to get up with the front few (the aliens !).

Marquez amazing ride, don't think he could have diced with Rossi as closely as he did without a faster bike, Hondas are still the fastest bikes and it is like having to ride twice as quick to beat a rider who is on a faster bike, as several have said it is no good being quicker through the corners (isn't that the skill ?) only to find a couple of bikes blocking your line because you could not get near them down the straights, even more frustrating to get out of a corner quicker, get alongside and then see the thing just ease back in front.

Yes I am a Rossi fan, he has the skill and as equally important the character, it pains me to say it but apart from Fujigas who else is an entertainer in the world trials !

Oh nearly forgot, good ride by Cal and don't know how Yamaha are measuring respective horsepower of the factory and satellite bikes, same engine as factory bike ??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! must be using a different dyno to measure the horsepower.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting you should be on about Rossi here . I've seen champs come and go but by far the most calculating all out complete showman determined winner is Rossi . Followed his career from 125s through to now . I do think something aint right though . Undoubtedly he wants it you can see it but there's no way he can't ride around any problem he has machinery wise . Agree he's got nothing to prove ,but for his aura and personality to take a step back and settle for no podium , just don't fit .

Interesting to hear a Rossi fan say that.No one denies he has the talent but i think he'll struggle to stick with the 3 "aliens" at the front.I think deep down the Marco accident has affected his racing.Looking back at the Ducati time he may have ended the last year with a few more points than Hayden but i'm sure it was because he wouldn't push it as hard,how many times did Hayden come off when he was ahead of Rossi while he was pushing it?

Confidence issue?........maturity?.......who knows.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

How bizzar! i only looked at this post just now and prior to reading this said exactly the same thing! Yes deffinatly a Rossi fan but understand that out there there's others trying to get to the top too.The new boy's are dull though,but no doubt they've got the tallent.

Totally agree with what you've said .

• 6 months later...

So back to this conversation.

Rossi still in the podium positions and consistent.No doubt the mastery of Marques , but he's still as dull as a storm cloud.

So for all those who wrote Rossi off , just look at his standing this season . 3oo GPs,consistant podium finisher and he's on it. Oh aye, he's getting on for 38ish too.

What are most of the critics doing at his age,probably what they always do ---BLOODY CRITICIZE !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The other point as well this season is that Rossi is without Jeremy Burgess. Doesn't seem to be harming his performance now does it ?

Make's you wonder what goes on , and i think Rossi isn't as hassled this year either,he look's more at ease so maybe tensions were riding high there for some reason.

Recently went to Italy and i was in a cab. i quized the lady cab driver i was in . She said Valantino is more popular with people of all ages than the premier of Italy.

So i asked the cashire in the supermarket,and several people started waffling about Rossi and she said " They all a love a Va l an tino" and gave the thumbs up . Asked them about Jorge Lorrenzo ,and she said " Who"? Enough said then eh !

Edited by shyted
  • Like 1

Vale is seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I think were really close to seeing him at the top of the steps, maybe once or twice hopefully more and in battles just like the last one with Pedro and Jorge fighting too. I think vale's relationship with JB was at a time when they couldn't improve and vale thought it was time to try something else, which has clearly worked, for whatever reason.

The one thing I like about vale is he always comes across positively and seems to really genuinely enjoy racing. Marky boy seems to have the same fun and passion as vale and although he's dominating MotoGP, it's not like when say Doohan dominated, which was a bit boring.

Tell you what i agree with what your saying.One thing i would add is that if you ain't got the package ,it aint going to happen . Vettel in formula one this year proves that. This year in moto GP i think there are alot of riders with a brilliant package and Rossi is there this year. The Hondas have got the legs on Yamaha though and would bet if Rossi was on the Honda he would have had several 1st places already . I said several as Marquez has an undeniable tallent . So the pacage is better with him on the Honda .

Still comes back to one thing though . He's got Brilliant white teeth that have that ring of confidance BUT HE IS DULL .

You can see the life ousing out of Rossis persona . The rest are shadow men .

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...

Ha ! 35 year old giving young bloke's a good run for their money on a bike giving away several horse power to the Honda's,in a game and level where those figures matter.

Just been reading through some of the comments in this post.

Esspecially about the Ducati that Stoner did so well on in his first proper season.

My self ,i don't think for one moment that Rossi went out on the same bike as Stoner had in that season.Remember ,development take's place season to season .How many times did Stoner fall off or get a podium before his layoff with illness.Then, why did he go to Honda if the Ducati was that brilliant ?

How many times has the Ducati been on the Podium since if it's that good? Bet if you asked Cal Crutchlow to be truthful how he felt about the Bike to ride he would rather have the Yamaha package,and it's the cash and a factory ride that took him there.Nothing wrong with that,but myself i think the whole layout of the bike isn't the same combination as Honda and Yamaha,otherwise it would be on the podium week in and out.

Aprilia will be the telling point maybe ,at the end of it ,i'm still a Rossi fan.