The Doctor

gizza5

Didn't Cal beat him on the last day? Even if he is back on form he's going to have his work cut out this season.Lorenzo and Pedrosa are both quick and consistent and Marquez doesn't care about other peoples reputations.Rossi......wins yes,championship no.

Who care's.

Stoner could but he is a one off miracle with oodles of raw talent. If Stoner had the grace and charisma of Rossi he'd still be at the top of moto gp for many years. I do think if he came back next year he would carry on winning.

He didn't get the nick name "Stoner the moaner" for nothing though. He was awesome in the last couple of years on the Honda ( but still moaned though).

I really think Dovizioso has his work cut out not to suffer the fate of the others on the Ducati. Hopefully the Audi dollars will help and they will finally crack the nut. When they do the japs won't like it one bit. It could happen by the end of this year....

At the moment though it's just good to see Rossi having a long career in a young (sub 30) mans game. He has no reason to race other than loving the racing. Nothing to prove and needs no more cash. I would do exactly the same if it were me.

That's why I roll around on the floor next to my bike every weekend when I'm considered a grown up (not by the wife though).

Who care's ?

He does, it will probably needle him forever that he couldn't ride it, particularly so given the results his hated rival got on it. He and Jerry Burgess accused Stoner of not getting the best out of it due to lack of set up knowledge and not trying hard enough and attributing the crashes to pushing too hard too soon in a race. They said rider error, not the bike. Ooops.

Dovi's gone well on it tonight.

I thought the T.V. commentators and pundits were laying it on a bit thick about Rossi.He proved he can ride a very good bike very well......everyone knew that.THE story had to be that a 20 year old rookie made him work so hard for it.Stavros said it might have been different if Rossi started at the front but Marquez was next to him at the start so the net result would have been the same. Felt sorry for Cal tho.

THE story had to be that a 20 year old rookie made him work so hard for it.

Don't think the Doctor sees it that way, hell if he can still beat the youngsters at this stage of his career then he will take it, he admitted a podium would have been good, but second was a hell of a ride even on a good bike?

As for the 20 year old rookie massive respect and I bet Pedrosa is more than worried when he is the No.1 rider in the Honda team, not good first race and the new boy beats you :blush:

As for Cal makes you wonder what he could achieve with full factory support?

Rossi rode well, no denying it, but yes, the Eurosport duo went way over the top. All of a sudden, we're back to the days when a myth was created, only one rider knows how to overtake, only one rider can ride on worn tyres etc etc. Gets a little irritating pretty quickly. If another rider had made the mistake he made at the begining which nearly took him out and another one, maybe two riders, there'd have been criticism for sure, but for him, it's an acceptable risk. Double standards.

Fact is there are only four full factory bikes, so 4th should be his worst finish, he shouldn't have a satellite bike in front of him. Cal was unbelievable but where he had the speed advantage over the Hondas around the back of the circuit, he couldn't use it as two Hondas were in the way. Maybe his bike just didn't have enough go to get up the inside of them, maybe he just couldn't do it, who knows. He must have been gutted when Rossi breezed past him up the straight.

Something tells me he's not going to get any upgrades as they will not want him harrassing the factory duo, although I daresay Lorenzo had something in reserve, just in case.

I disagree about the commentators being over the top. If any of the top riders would have come from 7th to finish second in as few of laps it would have been the story of the race. Rossi looked like the Rossi of old. It's great for the sport to see him back at a competitive level. I just hope he has something for Lorenzo.

I agree with you there Woody, it was Rossi that rode like a rookie with that first lap lunge with cold tyres, poor judgement and nearly outing a couple of riders. He did redeem himself like by riding like a champion with the catchup to the podium finish.

The rookie Marquez showed real talent, going to be a closer season of competition this year, not a lot in it between the factory bikes.

I will always be a Rossi fan, and really enjoyed watching Sundays race, I was on the edge of my seat for the last 5 laps, I cant remember the last MOTOGP Race like that.

Regardless. if you like Rossi or not this season looks set to be a good one, I think Marquez was brilliant and see him winning the next race as they say its a Honda track and none of them have raced there yet.

I can't wait.

TLTEL