New To Me Classic Greeves

abdelhub

Hello all,

I recently acquired a 1966 Greeves Anglian. It joins my other vintage trials bikes a 1960 Greeves Scottish and a 73 Ossa MAR. The bike is in really good condition and upon purchasing it it turned over with spark. A good start. Chrome Dunlop hoops in good condition. The seat and fenders are also in good shape. It has a homemade silencer and looks like Girling shocks.

It had the original Villers s25 carb which I have a bit of experience with from my scottish (which now uses a Mikuni carb).

The barrel is a 32a and the primary inner and outer is from a 36A. I got her to run with a bit of tinkering on the Villiers carb. The spark is pretty weak but she ran.

Here is the Greeves running the Villiers.

Thinking I'd like to run an Amal concentric I ordered 2 swan neck manifolds from Paul trials in the UK. They arrived and I fitted one up with a 27mm Amal from a Bultaco. I also ran a remote HT coil off the points to try to make the spark stronger. It resulted in a much better spark and the bike ran pretty well.

Swan neck with Amal

A bit more tuning is necessary and I will probably put an electronic ignition on in the future. I have had good luck with the electronic ignition from Peter Savage on my Scottish.

Just wanted to share my new project with you guys and I hope to get her out for a few trials this year.

Mike