Honda Sl125 Restoration

slwally125

Hello all

I've just acquired a complete and original Honda SL125 in fair condition apart from a non-original paint job. It's a first time starter and almost useable as is apart from needing a new rear tyre for an MOT.

I've no serious intention of doing any offroading as those activities ended for me in 1962 when I was in the Royal Sigs.BAOR Trials Team using clapped out BSA M20's complete with girder forks and panniers so I intend to restore it to original condition using all existing parts where possible.

Ive got a readable copy of the Haynes manual for CB125J's (probably with all known EOE's but what I am after is a copy of an original Honda SL125 parts list from 1974 on so if anyone can help I'd be delighted to hear from them.

Also any recommendations for a pair of suitable road tyres rather than the knobbly off road ones.

As soon as progress is under way I'll post a few pics but won't be for a few weeks until the weather warms up.

Cheers for now

Brian

Welcome to the Forum.

I had an SL for a few years back in the 80's, I had to keep welding patches on the exhaust were it rusted out, in the end there was more patch than original metal.

I wish now that I had taken photos of all the bikes that have past through my hands.

TLTEL