Gg 300 Pro Compression Reduction Or Flywheel Weight

scottie_b205

I got my 300 in last week. After going through most of the bike checking for grease on bearings and what not I finally rode it. I put about 40 minutes on it before riding the first trials event of the year my area today. I didn't put the flywheel weight on yet though. I didn't change anything on the bike. I'm actually liking it a lot. When I first got on it I thought it may be too much for me. I have been rolling the throttle on and torqing it around and the bike is amazing to me. For now I am leaving it as is but may put the FWW on to see the differance later on. I ride the senior novice lines so huge hits aren't in the future for me. Thanks for all of the replys.

Scott

• 1 month later...

Time for you (scottie) to update the forum with your thoughts then. I had my 2010 Raga 300, with my FWW that I then took to my 11 Raga Pro. I find that without FWW, the 10 is VERY quick accelerating, after say the bottom of the revs, mid revs, it is FAST! I did NOT feel like I had slowed my 11 down that much, but then again I had to swap bikes quickly when it was available so I just took my FWW to the newer bike. it will be fun to see, when I get the 2010 sold, and move to the 2012, to ride my 11 without the FWW and see if it acts the same way? some of it is changes made to tuning from factory, I just assumed but you can feel the FWW off on my 10, pretty big time.

For What it is Worth, I ride all clutch, or at least MOSLTY rev and slip clutch to "go" so throttle response seems to be less a big deal as being able to be really smooth? I lug my bike a little on a hill, get better traction with FWW, than without, because the 10 will "peel-out" or spin tire in same section (practicing) with everything else being same for 99% most part. Again IMHO that is.

Edited by sting32