Air Leak

kee360

Evening chaps just wonted some help went to pull the bike out the shed today and the rear tyre was flat . So I put some air back into it to find the leak with abit of soapy water and found it leaking from the side of the rim the spokes seem fine . I can also see abit of mud between the rim and the tyre .I was thinking of taking the wheel off and then the tyre to clean the rim and hope that stops the leak is it an easy job to do not been riding long and not really down any work on my bike before .

I assume this is a tubeless tire?

The dirt could be causing the leak. Unless you have a good source of high pressure air, I would not suggest trying to take the bead off the rim. My Dunlop takes about 90 psi to get the bead to set. You could let out all the air, then try to pull the tire away from the rim by hand and flush with running water to remove the dirt. If that does not work, you may have to remove the tire, do a thorough cleaning and reinstall.

If this is a tube type tire, then you will have to get the tube out and patch it. Good news is that tube type tires are much easier to set the bead.

• 2 weeks later...

Slime seems to do what it's supposed to do but it adds a pound of the snottiest schmeg in the world to your bike and it will gross you out come next tire change

I would take a crack at curing the leak first, soap it up and find the leak, pop the bead and reseal

All else fails, resort to slime