Gear Ratio Questions-beta Tr33 & Tr34

bullfrog

As a matter of fact, my machine was a by-product of the "lighter is better" movement in about 1969/1970/1971. I believe it was Peter Gaunt who did a bunch of development work with the small bore Suzuki including the dual range transmission unit.

I'm certainly keeping the differences in engine displacement/torque in mind . . . but the data requested will also be helpful. Right now I am "saddled" with "normal" trail bike ratios, but the engine has been modified to be quite effective in terms of "plonking power", immediate throttle response and ability to rev. The addition of the possibility to have a 2nd gear option in sections is terribly tempting - and being able to analyze rather completely all the data I can find on matching ratio transmissions/machines would help me decide the best proposed plan to proceed. It is already almost certain that proceed I will! But the details on exactly "how" are a bit unsettled.