2013 Sherco Gearbox Issues. Please Read

wharfedaleharry

Hi all

I have a 2013 sherco 300 trials bike which is a fantastic machine however i am having some gearbox issues

When i put the bike into second gear it goes in and runs for around 10-15metres then it seems as though it jumps out as it just stops. when i click it back into gear it goes up into 3rd??

Has anyone else had this issue?? what could it be?? would it be coveredc under warranty?? what should my next steps be??

I am a complete novice and do not thrash the a** out of the bike or gearbox by any means

please help

Hi,

I would call the dealer that you purchased bike from as they should take machine back to have a look at it, Sherco gearboxes are pretty ace to be honest, almost road bike in comparison to a lot of trials bikes!

Get on to it tomorrow morning, don't keep riding it as could cause more damage.

Ian

I would suggest you call dealer first see what they say, if no joy give MRS a bell, it's still a warranty issue no matter what anyone says.

Shame you have a prob, as the Sherco is a fab bike, never had any issues with gear selection myself, like I said gearbox is about as good as you will get on a trials bike!

Ian

Is this problem consistant(does it happen every time) or an occasional issue? Seems odd enough, as you describe it.

Of course, without knowing the full history of the bike, one never knows if the lever has taken any hard hits that may effect this.

Going from a 1-2 shoft to N and 3 is difficult to do, unless the 1-2 shift was incomplete due to a poor enguagement.