Jetting A Keihin Pwk For 3,000 To 6,000 Ft Altitude For Rev 3 270

greg watts

As per the title, I'm grappling with carb setup and wonder if anyone has recommendations? I am generally riding the bike between 1,000m and 2,500m altitude (3000ft to 6,000ft). Bike currently has the UK standard of 48 pilot jet and 110 main. I'm not sure what needle it has or what clip setting it is on, but next time I am in there, I'll take a look.

Appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.

Well....been through a lot of snowmobile setup for those kind of altitudes, it is all about barometric pressure on the surface of the fuel and loss of signal strength at lower engine speeds

Main drops about 3 sizes

Pilot may or may not change, reduced atmo pressure means less fuel flows through the pilot so it corrects itself to a certain extent, it may drop a size or it may even run lean and need to be up sized

Needle will probably drop one clip

But you need to be careful at low alt's after you make adjustments, particularly at partial throttle you can squeak it on the needle

Opening the air box up helps a lot at altitude but you can't really do that on a Rev