199A Engine

bultacorock

Mmmh looking at the piston the engine does run a little bit on the rich side.

The dark brown spots a right but there are some black areas with carbon build up.

Otherwise very sanitary, my compassion to the gear shaft ...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all thanks for all the help with my rebuild

I have taken the timing case off to see what need cleaning or replacing and some one has painted the inside why would they do that ? its starting to peal off :closedeyes:

BR

Edited by bultacorock

The piston is standard size. I can faintly see the arrow pointing towards the exhaust. The T2- marking is there to assist with clearancing the piston when new. Mainly the minus sign is what is important. Some pistons will have a plus sign+. A Bultaco manual will help you with that, should you replace the piston with an original Mahle. There is a fair amount of soot buildup. Nothing to worry about. Thoroughly clean up the piston and bore. Mix up a fresh batch of fuel when you're ready and then go riding!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well been doing a bit to my bike managed to get the bits to rebuild my fox rear shocks ( was not sure if they were fox shocks but with the help of this forum and pulling them apart found out they are the mark 2 and Lane Leavitt helped to develop them ..... ) got some 40 lb. springs from Sammy Miller ( he use to get most of my pocket money in the 70s :rolleyes:

Found all new bits for my air filter box at Bultaco UK they had every thing wow really impressed.And painted it Bultaco baby blue found my Rim Rock Racing sticker and stuck it in place.

Managed to tease the swinging arm spindle out with some help from a good friend got a really nice billets parts bush set to put back in, Its been so nice to deal with all these

companies they are all so friendly and help full. anyway still lots to do but here are some pictures.

BR

All the tips have been a really big help, thanks for your time

Edited by bultacorock
  • Like 1