Oil Level In Gearbox.

gb rob

Now maybe I've found how to check the level or ive found a problem. :)

Theres no dipstick or level sight on the TY mono but I did find that if you take the bottom screw out of the front sprocket cover, it leaks oil if over full. Now I've had things like Husqvarnas etc that have a similar set up. Now is this right or has someone at some stage just wound to long a bolt into the casing? Its an easy fix either way :)

Interesting point about engine oil in general - most trials guys I know seem to change the oil monthly and Im sure thats fine for modern trials machines. I have found a manual for my tymono on the net (northover) and It states to change the oil after the first 500 miles then every 12 months - bit of a conflict I think!

Edited by martyb

If I remember right that is the way to check level. It is much easier to just change the oil with the correct amount. Which is stamped in the case by the oil fill.

That isn't the issue, the issue is why does oil come out of that screw hole?!?! Could it be an overfill drain??

Ha! Yeah, I noticed that MartyB. Yearly oil changes on the TY yet my GasGas and Kawasaki Enduros oil has to be changed every few hours. Ha! Saves money doing trials I guess :)