Gasser Vs Beta - What Do Ya Reckon?

lingo75

Had both but I prefer my Beta.

You need to try both though to know what you like more. They all have "issues" but you are buying to ride not fix. Worry about fixing it when the time comes. Enjoying the riding is the most important bit.

new to this forum but been riding for a fair few years. started on a 1999 mont 315 and thought that was "the" bike. i then started to compete in some local trials and relised that my montesa was out of date in many ways so bought a 2005 gasser pro and fell in love with it, rode and won a fair few clubman trials and never had any problems with it, with the renthal fat bars and keihin carb it was amazing to ride.

i then started an apprenticeship, started settling down with my girlfriend etc so trials took a back seat and i sold the 300 and a few years later bought an 02 rev3 270 and although it was reliable etc i never really got on with it, felt heavy, rear suspension was awful and just felt numb.

anyways long story short bought a 13 gasser 300 pro with a few choice mods on it and love it but as everyone has said you need to get out and ride them as everyone is different but ill be sticking with gasgas from now on and my dad rides the beta.