Lets Talk Wet !

sag sag 280

Having made the jump from MX I am thoroughly enjoying my 280txt '03 edition . Heres my question - as Scotland , where I live , is p***ing with rain most of the year , its hard to avoid steams , rivers etc . What are the best measures I can take to protect my bike from water ingress etc . As the airbox sits in front of the back wheel I feel a bit uneasy about this and I am sure that some of you must have a view on this . All other ' water riding ' tips appreciated !! Thanks again team - Barry

Generally, the airboxs were actually good on those Gasers. As r2w suggested, use Copper grease arond the edge of the lid and if you want, get busy with the Duct tape! :lol: u should'nt need to do this on those Gassers.

They lost the plot with the 02 Pro :D & has improved steadily since. But urs will be sound with some maintenance & experience

Thanks for the tips - this being my first trial bike I bought it second had and while it is mint I saw traces of duck tape around the back of the airbox so I know something was going on and your emails helped anwser that . The air filter is on the side and the rubber seal , in my opinion , has seen better days , so for a few quid I'll splash out on a new one and insert with some grease . Thanks a million again guys - youve no idea how usefull this site is to a new start . :lol:

• 4 weeks later...