Rear Sproket Size Sy 250

marky g

Its 38. I can't believe you can't do much in bottom, I use it more than any other gear. I know a lot of guys taking 2nd when I'm still in 1st. I've also manged to get up all of the steepest hills at our local practice ground in first too, I did need to rev the knackers of it though!

Where all this stems from guys was owning my old SY125, I only ever used bottom gear on that for 90% of the sections.

That bike was just made for streams, as RS says, bottom gear gave me the time to look where I was going and pick the best line.

I rode the same sections this year on my SY250 and I rode like a pratt...I did much better on my little scorpa last year....I tried bottom on my 250 and it felt too slow...second felt too fast...maybe I should buy another 125!!..only joking.

But genrally I feel a tooth off the back would do the trick (mines the std 38T) would I have to have this made up special or can I buy it off the shelf?

I have never used first in any section on my Scorpa. You can't get the speed to fly up the hills.
Bull****!
and its also a good idea to fit a quick action throttle
Should have one fitted as standard.

Q/A throttle fitted as std, I'll try giving her a bit more then...probably me getting used to the 125 tall gearing then having to go to conventional gearing (the gearing was very tall on the little Scorpa) :lol:

Howdy,

Over here in Oz, me and my mates run 42 teeth sprockets off a Sherco, on our Scorpas. Makes 2nd gear spot on for 90% of the sections, and gives a super slow first for the really tight stuff. Works well here anyway.

BTW - I am after a blue or black sprocket in 42teeth. Does anyone know where I could get one?? We can only get the standard silver Sherco ones over here.

Cheers,

Ben r