Power Change

dgshannon

Anyone else make the move from an '03 to an '04 recently? I have noticed an unbelievable difference in the power delivery on the '04. I presume it is the result of the new ignition module and timing changes. My '04 is much smoother, pulls lower, and revs like a banshee when you grab a hand full of throttle. Just interested to see if anyone else is experiencing the same?

I can only compare the demo ride I had on the 03 Long Ride & Competition models to my 04 Competiton; even then the time that has elapsed between that ride and my bike's delivery makes it hard to compare. The suspension sure seems much livelier and the balance superb; the power delivery certainly is more even than my `97 Techno. I'm able to do stuff on the Scorpa that wasn't possible (for me, anyway) on it because of the differences between them. As a developing rider (second step up the class ladder), I needed something that doesn't care where I am on the bike for traction and has smooth & predictable power delivery (a very progressive clutch doesn't hurt, either). I knew I wanted one when I rode the 03 models, just couldn't buy one then. I sure am glad I was able to buy one this time around! :ph34r: