I Fancy A Change To A Sherco From A Beta?

inchhigh

Hi I have riden betas for over ten years, I'm looking to change this year from a 2010 evo to a new sherco not sure which engine to go for, im not a expert a middle of the road clubman.would like to here people's views on the build quality and what they think of the different engine's

A lad I know had a number of betas rider over the years both 200s and 250s. He then switched a 250 sherco, I think they were a good price from appleyards at the time. His results were same as on beta but he never really settled on it and is now back on a 250 beta.

Try before you buy?

I have ridden Sherco for over ten years and had a few. To be honest, if not on Sherco I would be on Beta. The Evo is a nice bike, yet like all else has its quirks. They are technically similar motor wise, yet mirrored image.

I have come to like the 250's, same with the Beta(more a torque pig), yet the Sherco may be a bit more brisk and free running, as I compared the "12 models back to back.

Suspension good on both, with the TECH forks on the Sherco being lovely in my opinion. A big plus.

The Beta has sharper turn radius, and personally I do find it a bit extreme and will put you on your head if not careful. I am not comfortable with that, yet I may easily slam the Sherco to the stops with good faith in action.

I think the ali tank and muff on the Sherco are vulnerable to damage by us idjets, so the carbon look plastic guards are recco.

Other than that, a lot report the new Shercos are coming well set, requiring no jetting changes and is a well refined bike. Ride whot you brung is my motto!