Team Full Monty?

city trials

Dabnabit!!!!

You know my girlfriends can't have their pics posted. If their agents gets wind of this it'll cost me a fortune.

Of course you had to post the one with Bob grabbing her ass to get me all ticked off again.

Charlie and Bob are the founding fathers, so to speak, and I'm not sure when Ringo's unique abilities were added to team.

Bob & Charlie had been riding together with 'B' for years before I showed up in the dez as a skinny 15yr old kid on a KDX 250 [22 years ago]. GOOD LORD, did I just say 22 yrs?!?!? Back then, the Hawaiian shirt had to be earned and then presented on an inagurual trip to the dez. The few, the proud, the distiquished, would have to have proven themselves to be able to keep up with "the shirts" on at least a 100 mile ride and be fully prepared to take care of themselves, [flats, tools, water, etc] in the event of a mishap, hence the question: "Do you carry a tool pack?" at which point a small ceremony would be held in Bob's van and a new hawaiian shirt would be presented to the proud recipient.

The Hawaiian shirt represented our disgust with all the 'fancy boys' with their 'fancy bikes' and 'pretty matching riding gear' who couldn't ride fast enough to get out of the way of our grandma pushing her walker on the way to church.

Ah, Ringo the memories. Many years ago we'd go for our fast (or so I remember it) ride on a Sunday morning.

One Sunday morning the local hotshot at the time (I hope Paul doesn't read this bulletin board) bought along his 14 yr old son. Off we go. Miles and miles of vegatated dunes (the riding territory not my brain). After 5 mins we stop. Where's David? We all agree to wait. Eventually David turns up. Pushing his KX80 through deep sand and nearing a coronary. Paul looks at David and says "I thought I told you to work on the bike. Now push it bike to car. You're not ruining my ride".

Served the little bugger right.

He's now faster than Alfie Cox and a few more. A damn good trials rider too. And well overdue a beer.

Man, that does bring back some cool memories. I remember following the boys down a sand wash. They were all on Maico 590's [at the time TFM was called M-Train cuz they all had em] I can still hear and feel my poor little KDX screaming as I kept bogging down, then shifting down to get back up on top of the sand, bogging down, etc. as I attempted to keep up. You can imagine how far ahead they used to get and that was when I learned that you always stop at Y's or T's in road to wait for the last guy. As I was always last, I never got to rest cuz the second they saw me they were off again. Truth be told, I think I was around 24 years old before I finally 'earned' my Hawaiian shirt. Now my son is 15 and, yep, he has a kdx!!!

Crazy isn't it.

Cheers to you all and have a great weekend riding!

Ahh, Ringo. I remember being dragged out one Sunday morning for a quick ride (after 14 yrs of trials experience) into a flat out out drag race in said dunes, whacking whoops way faster than I should and shouting: "ImgonnadieImgonndieImgonnadie!

Such "sweet" memories. BTW how is your lady? Tell her that it's very cold and wet at home.