Cracked Kickstart!

sparky-mark

took a few weeks off readin the boards, wow lost track.

Well here you go...

I have an 04 300 pro, dad has one, longer than I have. we've both broken 1 kicker each. I have had them both welded, for spares via local shop that tigs pretty well, by lookin at the work anyway. His broke just as I got my bike. welded it to get by, then put welded one into box (it also started to bend from hard starting?).

When mine broke, we had only the welded spare at the time so I used that welded spare for a while, like a month or so of lots of rides every night, and I was having trouble with the float needle I didn't find. I put new one in spare box for a while (goes anywhere the bike goes). It (the welded one) did break just as I found the starting problem for my bike (in other thread)...

So the welded one didn't last too bad, I discovered the bolt may have been loose so keep checking that bolt... the other one we had the guy beef it up more than original & straightened the one from dads bike. there is some room, on the outside & front of it where it broke. So I have my new one on, 2 welded spares in the box. US $125 or so, for these dang kick-levers, since you cant get just that lever part that breaks by itself,

Someone at GG PuH-lease tell me why you can get the frigging indestructible metal block part separately, (looking at parts pdf it looks like you can?) but not the part that breaks?

it is NOT laughable... it is like having to buy the whole Dang break master cylinder to replace a broken lever, or reservoir cap...

Edited by Sting32

• 2 weeks later...

i was reading this w hile back thinking, that just aint gonna happent to me, im only about 6 stone, and i have a 200, but i got on the bike tonight, and guess wot? lol i dont think i even need to tell ya lol i heard a metalic dink on the floor shall we say. so now im buggered. just thought id tell you all my wonderful, horrible tale.