Dellorto Carbs

copemech

Try and get your Dellorto to rev out slowly and smoothly like that! It typically takes some doing, yet can be done! Not exactly an electric motor, but it does work for trials application.

I have come to have a love/hate relationship with the Dell. It is sturdy and simple and works, which is why they have been chosen over the years for many bikes. If the Russians built a carb, this would be the AK-47 of carbs!

Trying to get one well tuned for smooth response is another story. They are simply not as good a mixer as say the Kiehin, yet at the same time they tend to be less fussy on the day and such. Soo much so, I will still tolerate a decent running Dell 26 over a 28mm Keihin as the difference is subtile, and I do not want or need the BIGGER power of the K carb throughout the range. Just saying!

This one is on 38 pilot and 1.75 turns out on fuel screw to get in range.118 main.

This is on US fuel, and it seems from reporte UK fuel may be on 36 range for pilot, so no limits here. A 36 at 2.5 turns out still runs ok, but if down to 33 or so, running 3.5 turns out, there is no true adjustment on the day, as it is just simply wide open.

Edited by copemech
  • Like 2