Evo 250 Stator

nelly1

rode my bike the other day it felt like the timing was advanced after a couple of minutes it cut out with a splutter it felt like i hadnt turned the fuel on re started ran badly for a few seconds. I let it cool a little it ran briefly changed plug the same. i have sent my stator away th west country windings who tested it and there is low voltage. would low voltage cause this when my mates stator died it totally died thanks

Ya a coil can do many things

Remember it's a thousand windings of wire that is not supposed to touch each other

When it fails it touches at one or two spots so it can make no voltage or lots of voltage depending on where it touches

I bet there are some shorted stators that run for years

G'day. Stop! Search in this forum and find the brand new measurements I posted for the Evo ignition system. Get your multimeter out and make some measurements comparing what you get to what I posted. That will show you what is wrong before you go throwing money at the bike for no result. Don't guess - it's always expensive. Post here if you need more help.

Cheers,

Stork