Mokwepa - My Progress :)

Zippy, heres a blooper just for you :D. Excuse the language but I buggered my wrist up......I was a bit of a girl though :)

Ps: check out my sexy denim shorts :P

I usually watch the vids with sound off anyways..........but I am sure the language was not anything I haven't already said many times.

I too am familiar with the "landing with wrist at odd angle on bars and twisting wrist". (it catches ya all unawares and surprising......and can hurt like heck for a bit)

In that vid if you had a bit more throttle and more of a "hop" you would have cleared the gap.

Think of the your legs as rear suspension and your rear suspension like your legs. With no bike and you wanted to hop on top of say the tire, first thing you naturally would do is "squat" down to get your legs ready to "spring" upwards, correct? Do the same thing with the bike, you need to compress the rear suspension to get ready to "spring" upwards. Now that I have typed all that, I would like to say that your riding is progressing very well and it looks in your vids that you are using your legs to get the lift for the bike.

Your uncleanable section: seems most of the trouble is in the turns, try to use all the "real estate" available between the ribbons to make the turns easier. ( or remove the ribbons, I always ride like crap with those things in the way :D )

About the uncleanable section, and for most rock garden or river bed sections with lots of rocks: Try to ride on top of the rocks (as you do), riding between the rocks will throw you easyer off balance.

Also, a bit more speed in such sections helps a lot to gain balance...

(excuse my bad english)

• Like 1

Well today I decided to try a new approach to training......

Previously I have been setting out sections waaaay too difficult for my skill level which ended up frustrating the kr@p out of me causing me to quit for the day after 30 minutes or so.

Today I trained as above and stopped for a drinks break and thought about what I was doing and how frustrated I was.....I then immediately ripped up all the buntings that I laid out and decided to just play for a change. An hour and a half of continuous riding later, I (not the bike) overheated and called it a day. I finished playing feeling satisfied andproud of some of the things I had pulled off by just trying random exercises and obstacles.

My problem is im VERY competitive and tend to take things too seriously. I think I should take a step back and just have fun and try new things with the bike and kind of let things just come together naturally for a while.

• Like 1

Previously I have been setting out sections waaaay too difficult for my skill level which ended up frustrating the kr@p out of me causing me to quit for the day after 30 minutes or so.

Today I trained as above and stopped for a drinks break and thought about what I was doing and how frustrated I was.....I then immediately ripped up all the buntings that I laid out and decided to just play for a change. An hour and a half of continuous riding later, I (not the bike) overheated and called it a day. I finished playing feeling satisfied andproud of some of the things I had pulled off by just trying random exercises and obstacles.

My problem is im VERY competitive and tend to take things too seriously. I think I should take a step back and just have fun and try new things with the bike and kind of let things just come together naturally for a while.

Definitely!!! If it ain't fun, don't keep going at until you become even more frustrated. Figure out some way to make it fun, like you just did! Good Job, Buddy!

And sometimes, a change of shorts helps also. I find that a pair of shorts with a lovely floral print makes my mood happier..... :chairfall: Or Yoga pants......

Naww, actually, I think Zippy nailed it: It's them dang ribbons!!!

Jimmie

Added in Edit: Bruno, thanks for posting with Mokwepa's videos embedded! :icon_salut: Again, the front wheel hop into the turn & hop over the barrel/tire looks good, Mokwepa!

Ya know, I'm trying to learn ot hop, and for some reason, I can't get the bike to go to my right. Only to my left. Wonder why???

Edited by mr neutron

I had some of the same problem, trying to "practice" way over my head. Now when I practice I work on primarily basics I actually need to be successful in the class I am competing in. I also take time to play occasionally on things and in places that are above my skill level for fun and occasionally have an "ah ha" moment that really makes it fun and rewarding.

Competitive is great when competing (but keep some fun in it also, I have changed my outlook some over the past few years. I like to win, but having fun is more important and I make sure to congratulate those that rode better than me). You have found the key though about practice being fun. Practice must also be fun in order to be effective. just banging your head against a rock just makes your head hurt, but goofing around is fun. And usually whatever you learned while having fun will stick with you for the next time you practice.

Definitely!!! If it ain't fun, don't keep going at until you become even more frustrated. Figure out some way to make it fun, like you just did! Good Job, Buddy!

And sometimes, a change of shorts helps also. I find that a pair of shorts with a lovely floral print makes my mood happier..... :chairfall: Or Yoga pants......

Naww, actually, I think Zippy nailed it: It's them dang ribbons!!! WOO HOO!! I actually may have been right about something!! Wait a second, Nope, I checked with the wife and I am still wrong, I must have gotten that idea from a smarter man.

Jimmie

Added in Edit: Bruno, thanks for posting with Mokwepa's videos embedded! :icon_salut: Again, the front wheel hop into the turn & hop over the barrel/tire looks good, Mokwepa!

Ya know, I'm trying to learn ot hop, and for some reason, I can't get the bike to go to my right. Only to my left. Wonder why???

Hopping the bike left or right : quite common to be able to do it one direction and then struggle with the other direction. We all have a "dominate" side of the body and usually this transfers into be able to do some things easier with that side or towards that side. (just my theory) I am better at swinging the rear toward the right.

• Like 1

These days I've been mostly practicing rear wheel pivot turns. But knowing my luck, I'll probably end up upside down in some ditch... Oooh bugger!

But seriously, pivot turns on the rear wheel are more fun, don't take so much energie and look way cooler than hopping the front wheel around.

Not that I've got anything against hopping the rear or front wheel, they have there use in some situations...

And Zippy, almost everybody has one side in which it's easier to do some things. I find it easyer to hop the front wheel to the left, take left hand turns with my road bike and hop the rear wheel to the right.

Humans are asymetrical: one boob is almost always larger than the other one too :boobies:

• Like 1

A carburation tip i suggest Mok....

Even when your spark plug lecture is correct.... Each stuff you modify will affect ALL points of the rev range but mostly like this...

Low end = Pilot Jet

Middle = Needle

High end = Main jet

If your bike is running rich it would be a good idea to check your air filter, if its dirty or maybe too oiled or degrading it restricts air from flowing freely and causes the bike to run rich...Try the filter before messing with your carburation setup, also putting in a new spark plug would be a good idea... If the spark isnt as good as needed it will run rich.

In 2 strokes, fuel - oil mixture also has a lot to do...

After all that blah blah...its better to let the bike running a bit rich... irs easier on the engine...