Reenvio Hall ?

staldantes

My rear brake pistons must have been sticking, so I headed home as direct as I could; when I got there pads were smoking. Anyway, long story short, rear brake hose melted and leaking a little.

Okay so I´ll change the hose. Easy to say, the hose is navigated through the swing arm, and I have a Reenvio Hall (BT280034050) sensor making it a bitch to slide out. Was so close to just cutting of this sensor cable, but to be honest I´ve never come across this type of sensor before, so I thought I´d better ask first. Any ideas if useful, its clearly electrical, and is situated near the rear brake disc. Help idle speed, lights, timing, I googled it but didn´t get a satisfactory response.

Cheers if you know :irish:

p.s. whilst here, I removed my airbox and stuck on a solitary pod air filter, seems to go well. Any viewpoint on this?

That unit is called a "hall effect" sensor. Basically, there is a magnet on the wheel that passes the sensor and sends a signal to the speedometer. This is the same type of sensor used by many electronic ignition systems to trigger a spark at the spark plug.