Replacement Rear Brake Hose ?

staldantes

Any suggestions on a replacement to the OEM rear brake hose? Last week my rear pads overheated and melted the rear hydraulic hose on my TXT 249 2000. Had a few old braided cables knocking about, but nothing that was quite perfect.Would prefer to get a more resilient hose next time, but it needs to be slim to navigate through the swingarm.

Let me know where you´d suggest to find this please, anyone.

Much thanks,

Al.

I got into trialing by buying the cheapest TXT I could get my hands on without any major issues that is. And one of the niggling areas were the overall maintenance, so as predicted when I went to repair it the bleed screw was rung, and the allen key bolt holding on the brembo brakes to the bracket too. Took some shifting to get those two out. But damage had been done whilst trying to avoid freeing up the bleed screw. Theres a lesson there.

Anyways, will keep that in mind about the bleeding when I find a sturdy hose to replace the prior one that sprang a leak I think all too easily.

Was looking at a cheap and cheerful one that has a needle insert connector instead of a banjo end, was thinking this just might work, as long as its M10 that is.

Ta.