American Trials Training Camp

dbrown

We're pleased to announce the first American Trials Training Camp for our teenage up and coming American Trials stars, sponsored by TTC and RYP. During the week starting July 5 immediately after the Youth Nationals, the Trials Training Center will host a training camp for our top young riders age 15-19, to spend a week riding, practicing, pushing each other and generally hammering the rocks & hills at TTC. Cody Webb, Bruce LeRiche, Stevie Darrow, Louise Forseley and possible some additional Pro riders will be there (stay tuned for further announcements) to train with lots of the top young invited riders from the High School and Expert classes. We won't be pushing them, we'll let them push each other.

This camp is provided at NO CHARGE to any of the participants. The cabins and campground will be available to the participants and their families and we'll keep them fed and will try our best to keep their bikes running. Thanks to Brad Baumert who'll be set up during the week with the Sherco Pits to help out any young rider on any brand of bike who needs assistance. Fran Webb has offered to help out with the "camp mom" duties.

This is our trials version of the olympic training facility, and we want to help promote our best & brightest youngsters. Anyone who'd like to help out with financial contributions, donated parts, tires, gear, gas money for one or more of the kids, whatever, we would be delighted to accept. Call Catherine at the TTC lodge if you are able or willing to help in any way.

We've invited about 15 youngsters to attend, specifically those in the 15-19 age group who are contesting the nationals and showing promise. All of these riders are at the EXPERT club level (although some are riding HS class in the nationals). If you have a candidate to suggest, please feel free to send us an email via the TTC website. Also, if anyone knows a contact or phone # for Max Malsbury, please send that privately via the TTC website or by calling us as I've been unsuccessful in reaching him.

We're excited that many talented young riders will get a chance to practice together, and look forward to great things for the future stars of American Trials!

regards,

Dan Brown

p.s., I'll post an attendee list when I have firm committments from the invitees.

www.trialstrainingcenter.com

one other note, at the end of the American Trials Training Camp on the weekend of July 9/10 will be a NATS national championship bicycle trial and a UBA/US National Trials Event which is the USA Cycling Trials World Team Selection Event. So there should be some hopping action that weekend!

dan

Congrats to all the folks at TTC and RYP for their continued support of all your youngster's but also the sport itself! We have a nice crop of new up and coming kids up here in the great White North on the West Coast. I can only hope to model some of our programs after yours! Looking forward to our first trip to the YOuth Nationals soon!

Cheers, Steve

• 4 weeks later...

I just posted a blog on the TTC website and some photos from a fun ride we had to some caves & overlooks nearby. The kids are doing great and having a fun time. Brad Baumert from Sherco has worked his butt off all week to keep bikes in running order.

regards,

Dan Brown

post-4-1120852563.jpg

One more note of interest.

Since Drill Sargeant made them all report for practice at 7AM on time or suffer punishment duty, here are the 20 most used excuses for being late. No excuses were accepted, but that did not stop them from trying.

"I would have been at practice on time, but:"

1. My alarm did not work

2. My hair was not dry

3. I was at the emergency room late

4. I have a sleeping sickness

5. No one woke me up

6. I was doing laundry

7. My cat died

8. My buddies kept me up late

9. The video game I was playing did not have a pause feature

10. My parents said I could sleep in

11. I thought it was sleep-in day

12. I had nightmares and could not sleep

13. A raccoon took over our cabin and would not let me sleep

14. The rain and thunder kept me up

15. The smell in my cabin kept me up because I was too tired to take a shower

16. Trials is DUMB

17. My earring got hun on my pillow and was uncontrolably bleeding

18. I could not find my gear

19. I was tranded in the bathroom with no T. P.

20. My girlfriend called

BTW...Dan, if Patrick competes in this weekends bike trials could you keep us updated on his results?

Pat got 1st place in Expert (class just below Pro) with about 15pts, 2nd place guy was around 40.

dan

post-4-1120964465.jpg