Fantic 309 Problems

snowman

my 309 is suffering with black chocked up spark plug after little use, any ideas anyone,

also can anyone tell me what spark plug I should be using as the previous owner dogged the wrong one in,

I`m also not sure how much fork oil I should put in, I`ve been told 240cc per leg, but they seem to be leeking and I`ve just had new fork seals.

one more thing, I`ve put 100cc of two stroke oil in 5 litres of optimax, is this right or could it be contributing to the spark plug fowl?

Any input would be great cheers.

Edited by snowman

try running with a dry air filter. i own a k roo and used to have the same problem. sounds like a strange idea but bill pye told me to do this. not sure about the fork oil levels.the fuel mix is what i use in my fantic and it goes. :D

We ended up checking the carb over on snowmans bike and noticed the needle was set at the second highest position so we dropped it one position and now it "seems" to be running a little better! The air filter is dry at the mo cos when he bought it, it was quite dirty so we had to wash it!

What K-roo have you got betamike?