Manual For Montesa Cota 172

srap

Has anyone got (or knows where I can download) a manual for a Montesa Cota 172.

My brother has managed to get his hands on a 'barn find' and is looking to do the thing up and get out on it for some events.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Try southwestmontesa.com but check the condition of the kick starter shaft before you start spending money. If it has snapped, which was a very common problem with that model, you will be very hard pressed to find another. They are as rare as rocking horse poo.

• 2 years later...

Hi, please see link for the parts manual for the 172, I will look and see if I can find the Owners manual.

If the shaft requires replacing, I can put you in contact with a company in Spain that has them in stock.

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by 29markt
  • Like 1

Thanks Mark, that's brilliant. I'll see what you come back with re: owners manual before I pay someone daft money for a burnt cd. The shaft on mine is all good, however it's bound to let go at some point. Be good to know the Spanish company you have in mind to see what a spare is worth. Thanks again.

Ben

Hi, I only have the manual in French, but have attached anyway, as regards the shaft, please see link, part shown is for the 74 Cota, but the part numbers are the same for the 74/172.

http://www.vallmoto.com/tiendas/en/montesa-cota-74/2004-product-2004.html?search_query=2865&results=6

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Mark