Newbie With Beta

alanmondial

Hi all, new to trials and eager to learn. Bought a 1995 Beta Techno last week. Running but needs a little work (had a nice Yamaha TY250 but it was stolen a couple of months ago hence me buying the Beta). Took it out yesterday and discovered the phenomenon of 'cold stick' when I put it into first and it took off on me (didn't have this problem with my TY). My sons were watching at the time and though it very funny. Luckily no damage done to either the bike or me (so far). So my first job will be the clutch fix project posted on the site by Dan. I'm sure I'll have loads of questions so I'll be very grateful of input from you all.

The cold stick is an easy fix, I wouldn't do the file and polish of the fiber plate tabs but removing the glue makes a big difference

Also make sure you are getting adequate disengagement at the clutch pack, I think it's about .040 thou or .10 mm

Make sure your lever is not bent

Hi Alan

Im new to trials and this forum and indeed Beta.

I have just bought a 2003 REV 3 and that had clutch drag, I have stripped the bike down and done the clutch mod, could not believe how poor the clutch plates were. When I get it back together I will post up how I got on. One tip, get yourself a Dremel type tool as it made the job much quicker.

cheers

Pete