Was It A Fraser Honda 250?

maxbikes

many years ago I bought a rolling chassis I was told by seller it was a fraser.i got it home and made a start on it to ride in my local trials club.i had a tl125 at the time but lacked power.any way it had a odd way of driving the chain to rear wheel from the front sprocket it had short chain to a double sprocket on swingarm bolt,then main chain to rear wheel.so first thing I did was to change swingarm to normal getting rid of double sprocket.i built a modern 250rs single road bike engine up throwing away balance shafts and lightning engine as much as possible.i found a ex works alloy rtl250 petrol tank.i rode the bike for couple of years before building next project bike.i sold bike to a mate cheap.next time I asked him what happened to bike he had sold it.so what happened to rtl tank,he threw it away as it was to small for him to use as a trail bike.and put larger tank on.i wonder what happened to bike? last seen Northampton area.ive been trying to find an old photo to no avail.what would the fuel tank be worth now on ebay.

From the description the answer is most probably.

Although cannot see how an RTL tank was fitted as the frame separates at the headstock like modern bikes. The Fraser would have been the conventional top tube type.

Fraser frames used square section tubing and were chrome plated.

this may have been a clue as well.

i seem to remember the frame was chrome,as when I painted it red it rubbed of by heels.it was a rtl250 alloy tank not the same as production bike.the fraser?frame had a single square top tube.the tank I fitted had a clear plastic pipe on side so you could see how much petrol was in tank.