Sherco 200 Wiring Schematic & Cdi Help

malc

I have a 200 sherco 2000 model with the square exhaust I am trying to sort the wiring as there is no CDI unit or diode etc. cant find any readings & schematic to understand what I need I have been told that a vespa CDI works I do have 1 which someone has given me its a mitsuba cmd01 but colours dont match so I am running blind.

I have the stator plate leads, fan & temp sensor what else do I need?

Thanks Malc

That looks to be the right unit.

Yellow wire is the power for the fan

Use this link to get an idea of which wires go where, it will show you how to run a normal killswitch instead of the standard switchgear. Looking at the photos the ignition used is the correct type for your bike but the leonelli ignition is wired exactly the same

http://www.shercousa.com/pdfs/ryp_wiring_installation.pdf

Hope this is of some help

I used to have that bike, it used the ducati cdi and it was bolted onto a metal bracket that attaches inside the frame by the stocks, it was bolted with the bolt for the top of the tank.

The red, white and green wire from the stator go to the cdi and yes the yellow wire is a 12v supply for the fan/lights etc but first it has to go through a voltage regulator/rectifier as the voltage from the stator increases with the revs. The rectifier sends anything over 12v to earth.

Hope this helps :)

I used to have that bike, it used the ducati cdi and it was bolted onto a metal bracket that attaches inside the frame by the stocks, it was bolted with the bolt for the top of the tank.

The red, white and green wire from the stator go to the cdi and yes the yellow wire is a 12v supply for the fan/lights etc but first it has to go through a voltage regulator/rectifier as the voltage from the stator increases with the revs. The rectifier sends anything over 12v to earth.

Hope this helps :)

This is correct. It all works as in this early GasGas diagram, with the exception there are separate rectifier and regulator which need tied to the fan (yellow) circuit. For the fan, which is a DC motor, the rectifier(square box) is most important as otherwise you only have AC current. To limit the voltage at high revs, the regulator(rectangular) is used to shunt off excess voltage.

post-36-0-66149100-1378518654_thumb.gif