Manx 2 Day

matt

hello all, back on the board after a short sabatical with my new baby!!

Glad to see there is some interest in this years trial. Just to clear up a couple of things:

1) We used to negotiate a deal with the Steam Packet, but this became increasingly more difficult as (believe it or not) they have reduced their prices over the last few years together with increasing the frequency and speed on crossings.

2) Accomodation is a difficult one, but keep trying and any where in the Douglas or Onchan area will be suitable for a couple of nights.

This year is the Manx Two Day's Golden Jubilee and we have plans for a few extras to help celebrate. (Don't get too excited!)

We did consider a free bar at the presentation, however with only limited support from the IOM Tourist board I'm sure they would prefer us to spend the money on actually organising the trial and not just a P*ss up!! (Just to clarify, you will only receive one free pint at the end of the trial on Sunday)

What numbers are you riding in the trial. I'm 99 i think.

Any other questions, let me know?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And don't forget the website - www.manx2day.com.

It might not be much but any suggestions for more things to put on will be appreciated and we wil try and get them on there ASAP.

If anyone out there has anything in the line of memrobelia from the last 50 years of the two day, please contact us. All we are looking for is a copy of old programmes to photo's. Anything found will be greatly appreciated as 2005 see's a great milestone for the Manx Two Day Trial.

Thanks and keep up the interest for the event.

Manx2day.com

One day I'll make it to this. It was in my plans for this year, along with the Reeth Three Day until the opportunity to go to the World Rounds came along. That was too good to miss, but it's definitely on my list of Trials to cover before I get old and senile :wacko:

Andy, if this is your site, how come you're only member number 20?

Joking aside, you will be made most welcome at the Manx when you can manage to get over. You won't be disapointed and if you can stay on for a couple of extra days as suggested by an earlier postyou will see some great racing action over the TT course.

I can't believe it is only 5 weeks until the trial!! Lots to do! :blink:

Me and my mate have got rider no's 4 & 5. So we will be doing some section scrubbing.

Can't wait though. ;)

You get a lie in on day 2 though :wall:

Is there a rider list somewhere on line?

No idea where I put my stuff - It'll turn up :blink:

Edited by bikespace

That could be the Glen Helen hotel in St Johns, so it's a bit away from Douglas over towards Peel. (Edit: Can't beat local knowledge - Cubby beat me to it)

If anybody really is struggling it may be worth trying the bigger hotels, especially if you're after twin rooms as they work out relatively cheap.

We're staying in Staki's this year. For two people in a twin room it was

Edited by bikespace

• 2 weeks later...