1998 Gas Gas Tx 270

jon98gg

I have a 1998 Gas Gas tx 270, its not for sale but I would like your opinions on how much it is worth please. I will upload some photos as soon as I can.

It's had new chain and sprockets, front and rear wheel bearings, new water pump and seals, fresh engine oil, basically the bike runs and rides like brand new. Everything has been serviced on it!!

The only down side to the bike is there are no stickers left on it to say what it is, the rear mudguard is slightly cracked and the ally petrol tank has a few dents in it.

Yes the bike looks rough but runs as sweet as a nut. It would be an ideal starter bike for trials or just a little toy to mess around on. That's all its been used for in the last 5 years or so.

Like I said, the bikes not for sale but if you seen an advert describing the bike like this how much would you say the bike is worth??

Thank You. :thumbup:

I've watched similar bikes on ebay recently in the £500 to £1200 range. Try searching completed items to see what actually sold and at what price.

I paid £650 for my 99 321 in April. It was described as ready to go, good sprockets, forks just serviced etc. However in reality sprockets were very worn, fork oil filthy, snapped fork spring, rear wheel bearings needed replacing etc.

Without seeing it based on the description alone I'd say £850 for yours but at the end of the day it's only worth what someones willing to pay for it.

I own that exact model as a spare bike to try to tempt others to ride trials. I picked it up a few years ago for $1200 U.S. Which was a pretty good price. It could have gone as high as $1500 then. Has the stickers but also some dents and dings. It's in same or better shape now since I have kept it up. I think it would sell around the same price today here in the U.S.

Mine is not for sale either.