Fitting A Seat To A Trials Bike

pmski

Looking for any advice with fitting a homemade seat to a trials bike. As a test I strapped a seat of a KTM SX with a bit of foam onto my Beta Evo 300 and liked the results - I can still stand up but I can also ride the bike a bit like a crosser/enduro bike and get my foot out and corner the bike (old habits die hard).

Has anyone else tried this and what seat did you use. I was thinking about buying a Stomp pit bike seat and see how that fits as the KTM seat is a bit too wide.

I am using the bike whilst I recover from a bad injury (MX) and really liking the trials bike but sometimes would like to add a seat so I can corner the bike. I know beta do a seat/tank aftermarket product and this was one of the reasons why I bought a Beta, But it is ££££!

Pic of the frakenbike below - thoughts appreciated

post-18519-0-81632500-1379847735_thumb.png

Edited by pmski
  • Like 1

• 9 years later...

• 1 month later...

This post interests me. I have a 2023 Gas Gas TXT 300 and I had the dealership order the Gas Gas seat for the TXT model. I didn't fit the 2023. Only up to 22 and down. The bolt hole is different since KTM redesigned some things. I bought a Jitsie universal seat. It works but I wish it were taller. I think the Beta has an optional long ride kit but it's pricey. Any word on new seat kits to come out? I sure wish Gas Gas would update the available parts to fit the 2023