Seeley Help

woody

Trying to finish builing the box of bits I got that was once a Seeley. Put the engine in the frame and last week and went to fit the carb and found I had no inlet gasket/stub/mounting - whatever you call it.

I got one from an RS200 yesterday as they look to have the same carb positioning as the Seeley and have the same hose from the airbox to carb inlet. Tried to fit it all up on the Seeley and the hose didn't seem to want to line up too well from the airbox to carb. It may be because the airbox doesn't appear to be original and has been made so maybe it is out a bit because of this.

I've attached a copy of the inlet stub from the RS200. Before I carry on trying to make it all fit with what is the wrong stub, if any of you have a chance can you have a look at your Seeley and see if it is the same as this one.

Thanks

post-24-1119216075.jpg

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like my manifold/inlet bit is the same as those in your pictures. It could be that someone has remade the airbox which is why it appears not to line up fully but it is only a bit out so should fit with a bit of tweaking.

The only thing I can't identify is the object on the far right of your picture TLRS - what is that as not sure I have one - may be in a box somewhere

Mark - Central Wheel in Coleshill can make you spokes in various design/pattern if you send them an old one. They have to make the nipples too though as they can't do metric threads I believe.