Spongy Front Brake

sparky-mark

yeah, i've bled a back brake with a syringe before and was going to that again but i couldn't find a syringe today.

never mind, been out in the shed for the last two hours, and managed to get it pretty good .

all pistons moving , caliper cleaned, new pads and good feel at the lever.

phew!!

Thank goodness...I'm so pleased to hear you do it that way r2w. I cant believe so many people still do it the conventional way, when to me, it seems SO easy to do the back bleeding way...its MUCH quicker and always works really well for me.

There..got that off me chest! :D

I know this may sound stupid but have you tried adjusting the adjuster nut at the brake lever. I recently changed my lever and inadvertantly pulled the lever while the front caliper was disconnected. I had to open the bleed nipple to get my caliper back on the disc.

After doing all this my front brake was also spongy, I bled through in the normal fashion and then tried adjusting the adjuster screw at the brake lever itself and got better results.

The distance left showing on the adjuster screw behind the lock nut is about 3mm and this worked fine for me. :D