Scorpa Tys 125 F Engine Oil Consumption

cicci

My Scorpa yys 125f fitted with the original 143 cc. kit from the autohorized dealer, showed from the beginning a big consumption of engine oil; actually after 850 Km the beast is eating 300cc. in 70 kilometers of ride!

Is someone suffering of the same problem?

Cicci from Italy :D

I would call your local dealer! I know Yamaha used to have an acceptable limit for using oil on their high performance 4 strokes (R1's/R6's) but I would'nt have thought there should be much on your Scorpa engine! And 300cc does seem like a lot for any engine!

Firstly, thanks to all for the precious suggestions!!!

Monday the bike will be returnet to the italian Scorpa importer for the solution (they say) solution of the problem; probably the engine will be shipped to Scorpa France. :blink:

Cicci

• 2 weeks later...

Aparently odd one's of the 175 have had problems with the oil ring passing/failing/not been fitted properly. In the uk birkett's have had 3, now to be 4 cos mines going in on friday to be done. <_<

Cheers Glenn

Aparently odd one's of the 175 have had problems with the oil ring passing/failing/not been fitted properly. In the uk birkett's have had 3, now to be 4 cos mines going in on friday to be done. :D

Cheers Glenn

The odd one ! now yours make 4 ? sounds like most of them are having probs to me <_< .

How many 175's have Scorpa UK sold I wonder...I havn't seen one here in the Shropshire welsh borders.

They should have never stretched the motor out to 150cc, it ain't built for it!.

My 125 was fine no carb problems than other guys seem to be having....

• 2 weeks later...

There is no problem making a 125cc into a 143cc, this engine is more than capable of handeling that capacity, i believe that in the US people are making these a full 200cc with no problems.

• 3 weeks later...

After one month, my Scorpa TY125 F fitted with 143 cc. kit, is again at my home; due an abnorm consuption of oil, trough the Italian importer SCORPA Italy, was shipped to the factory in France; the bike was inspected and were changed the piston rings; all that with no cost for me!

I was able to test only for a while (80 Km.) and looks that the things are OK: no smoke and no sign of change in the oil level.

Cicci