She Is Singing

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day at the level these guys ride at, all that matters is winning, Lampkin may not be the greatest showman but he's won more than the rest of them put together. I like to watch the Cabestany, Colley, Raga styles, but i cant ever see them having as much sucess as Lampkin has had, look how long he's been winning for.

All you lot go on as if Dougie is the last name in British trials, open your eye's take a look down the road a see what's coming.

Brown, Haslam, wigg, Damby, etc, etc, we have the talent it just needs looking after. :D Don't panic.

I have been a Dougie Lampkin fan for a long time - ever since I saw him and his Dad sleeping in a tent at the 1994 World Round at Donner USA. - At that same event I stood by Jordie Tarres as he watched Dougie Practicing - urged on by Mart, try to climb a vertical 12 ft rock wall. - He didn't make it, - but Jordie knew he would one day and this is the position that Dougie is in now - he knows age is not on his side - WE all know he has nothing to prove - There is nothing I would like more than to see him rebound from this injury and win again - but the odds are against him - just like Jordie saw that day in 1994 - Dougie knows time is running out.

Nobody will ever say he didn't give 100% all the time.

Reading the GG report on the event, even Raga said he was worried after seeing Doug crash, it also mentions in the reports of four minders hanging from ropes and catch nets for the bike and riders.

I wasn't at the France event, but I was at Duluth and that event was won on over twice as many points on the first day, tough sections high scoring event but didn't need the do or die steps to take the points.

Who are they trying to attract, the blood hounds who go see motorcycle stunt jumps, on the off chance some poor bugger will top himself, is this what future trials need to be like to attract media coverage, will the death of a rider get more.

The trials would not have to be so big, difficult and dangerous if it was completly 'no-stop'. the rules change too much!

Like Ishy said, you can set challenging sections without going up 20ft steps, where you can really hurt yourself

All you lot go on as if Dougie is the last name in British trials, open your eye's  take a look down the road a see what's coming.

Brown, Haslam, wigg, Damby, etc, etc,  we have the talent it just needs looking after. :D  Don't panic.

...and I daresay we will probably add yet another Lampkin on to that as well....... any word yet

...and I daresay we will probably add yet another Lampkin on to that as well....... any word yet

No. Last I heard was about 5pm. Nicola was still in labour. Dougie thankfully made it back (after a mad sprint by all accounts)

Sorry for further diverting the topic...but good luck Dougie..and Mrs. Lampkin....looking forward to hearing some news..hope it all goes OK for you. :D

Going back to the other chat....(forgive me if Im wrong...I'm still a bit of a newbie)...BUT..wasnt the 2002 WTC No-Stop..........my point being that, I actually prefer watching my dvd from '02 than the more recent ones.

For what its worth...anyway..I suppose I'm biased but I think trials could still be entertaining to the masses without it getting TOO "dangerous"

Another interesting point. If the bikes had gone 4  stroke for the 2005 season as they were supposed to do, who would be leading the WTC?

This is purely anecdotal, but Caby seems to think the 4t has promise for the future. This is an excerpt of a recent interview from "Sherco News"...

Q: Have you tested the Sherco 4T? Do you see yourself competing on it in the future?

A: After the world round that was held in Tarragona I took one for a very short 5 minute ride, I just rode it around to get a feel for the bike. Later we decided that I should give the bike a thorough test and see where it was in comparison to my 2T. We took a stock bike and installed a set of "Cabestany" handlebars and my suspensions on it and took it where we had trained a couple of weeks prior on my 2T. We finished up the day with a smile on our face. On 95% of the sections I was able to surpass my performance over my 2T. Obviously the greatest problem was my lack of experience on the bike; I did not know how it would react in every situation. It proved to us that we have a very good base for the future.

Having seen the photos and write up of the French round, if this is what the rest of the series is going to be like the fat lady can stop singing now and they may as well give the cup to Raga or Caby - I don't care which.

Why has the outdoor turned into the indoor circus...????

France has some magnificent natural terrain and the best they can come up with is a load of boulders bedded into a hillside to create a load of rev and splat sections. What's happening to WTC? Are the organisers under orders to stage these kind of sections or do they just feel that is all it has become now and is what is expected.

I know they need the hard standing parc ferme, telephone lines, executive boxes and all that balls, but is it really what trials is all about. They may as well just ship the indoor hazards around the outdoor venues if this is all it is becoming. The Duluth round seemed to have proper sections, although the rain spoiled things a bit..... A great pity as they looked awesome sections from the photos. If they can do it why can't the rest. That is now Spain, Japan and France who have staged indoor sections outside. Hopefully Hawstone will redress this to some extent, especially if it p****s down, although when we were there a few weeks back for a centre trial it looks as though there are at least 3 manufactured sections there too. One is more than enough - IMHO that is, being a lover of real trials and all, not the indoor pantomime.

There are some things it would be nice to turn the clock back on - real sections being at the forefront.