Crank Seals

astra sxi

Probably best to look at this from the pinned thread at the top, it doesn't do it step by step as it's for a general strip down but does go into doing the main bearings & seals while reassembling.

Doing the main bearings with the later sealed bearings at the same time wouldn't be a bad idea

It is possible to change the seals without splitting the cases though I've never done it due to needing to do the bearings at the same time

http://www.shercousa.com/pdfs/sherco_engine_teardown_and_assembly_manual.pdf

Edited by tony27

I did my gas gas flywheel side a while back,

Remove flywheel and stator plate,(tie it out of the way)

carefully screw in two small self tapping screws on opposite sides into old seal. (look at new seal to judge thickness)

Then pull on screws with pliers or grips, it should come out quite easily.

Clean seal housing, smear, housing, shaft and seal with oil,

Gently push seal in, you may need to use a pipe or socket (slightly smaller than outside dia of seal) as a drift and very gently tap with a mallet.

Reassemble bike and go.

Should only take about half an hour if you have every thing to hand.

Flywheel side is most likely to fail as it runs dry, but clutch side is just the same although you will have to drain the oil and remove crankshaft gear to get to it.

My experience with two stokes is limited to gas gas and derbi engines, not had any dealings with crazy back to front beta's but probably the same.

TLTEL